According to the National Museum of Cambodia, the statue is a statue of Harhara, composed of Vishnu (Hari) and Shiva (Hara). The statue was discovered in two stages, the head of statue was discovered by Étienne Aymonier in Phnom Da in 1884 before being sent to France in 1886.
The body of the statue was discovered in a cave in Phnom Da and handed over to the National Museum in 1944 by Henri Mauger. In 1955, Pierre Dupont suggested that the head that was previously discovered belonged to the body that was in the National Museum.
After many years of verification and negotiation by experts, both sides agreed to send the head back to Cambodia. After more than 130 years of separation, the complete statue was unveiled at the National Museum.
According to khmertimeskh.com